Biyernes, Abril 29, 2011

A Country with Colonial Mentality


                                                                       REACTION

I love abroad ,I love Louie Vuittton and I love Hollywood. These are the common things I hear from my kababayan. As what I observed that most Filipinos hooked in foreign products instead of patronizing the local ones.We become spendthrift in a way to own the most expensive things even it is less important. It is in our character to show pride with others and a vulgar display of riches. Buying this and that is a merely routine that filipino wants especially if the items have brand, signature, and where does it originates.
Way back in our history, Philippines was conquered by three great countires; the Spain, United States and Japan. Our great ancestors had witnessed how powerful the three countries in terms of machineries, gadgets and weapons. In line with that, it became a system of the Filipinos that foreign products/goods were better.Well, for one, this may be true given that foreign countries are more developed. They are equipped with better machineries and more advanced technologies when it comes to manufacturing goods as compared to the Philippines.However, I deem that every country has a comparative advantage when it comes to production of goods.

I have a friend who has a tita working abroad that receives big sallary every month. Her tita landed on a job which tasks are workable because of her degree.One day my friend told me that her tita will send a package again.She was very excited on the day that she may claim her awaited gadget.It was Nokia N72 cellphone which was the gift of her tita. I used to borrow it every weekend because I love the games and the graphics. I also enjoy the music I play because songs are loud and clear.We enjoy the moments together with her cellphone which we treat '' man's bestfriend''. Every time she receives a gift from her tita, she would always say that products from abroad are unique that Philipppines virtually own not the same thing. She infuenced me a lot to be choosy in such things that are durable and imported.

I simply say that Im using foreign products. I appreciate it a lot because it happened that most of my classmates have the same thing.Mind you that I have a Rusty Lopez and Vans at home.In fact, Rusty Lopez wont last especially when you get it wet while the Vans even how many times I soak it to water still it lasts.You can assure yourself that you'll have it for years and years until you'll get vommit of the design but it is wearable and durable at it is.As of now, Im trying to rebuild the foundation of supporting and patronizing our very own products. I should be proud of being Filipino and love what is in Philippines.Maybe this little way can help a lot to the Filpino bussinessman.


I know that our economy will loose and some other companies will fail.There will be a less demand, so it happens a less supply. Another there will be a less demand and more supply so it happens that the products will be rotten in the market and sold at cheaper price or else export it to abraod where foreigners give compliments to the neglected ones. Thus, maybe there might be more workers to prefer work abroad. Nevertheless, they will only come back to their homelands because that is "where the heart is". Setting that aside and putting necessity into account like the OFWs and other immigrants, we cannot just say that they lack nationalism. Even more they render support in our economy and people are even being encouraged to work abroad.Sadly,Filipino mentality is an overhauled mindset that is definitely hard to manipulate and nationalistically influenced.




3 komento: